Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Father's Love

Tom and I have been through a tough time recently. With the new lives as parents, Tom's new job, striving to get a budget together, going to Boston for two weeks for Tom's training, the holidays and heading out to Arizona after Christmas for Beth's (Tom's sister) wedding things have been a little out of control. All of the things that are going on are great but when they begin to pile up stress is a given. Tom and I have been through some tough things in the past as well and so far we come through more in love than we were before. Now that I feel we have come through the hardest part of this season and are in a place of togetherness again, I look at those flowers and they remind me of his love and forgiveness of my part of our struggles. I look at them and feel blessed to have a man with such a beautiful heart; one that is soft, compassionate, loving, full of grace and mercy. As I think about that I realize that what Tom is demonstrating to me is how God feels about us all. God knows we are imperfect yet he loves us and accepts us just the same. I hope all of you women who are reading this feel the same love and admiration for your husbands that I do for mine. Sure, he is just as imperfect as I am but the way that he deals with his imperfections and failures is so respectable in my eyes. I feel so grateful that my daughter is going to have the opportunity to grow up with a father like Tom. Lord, may we always come through our struggles in the ways that we do today and I ask you to give Tom the strength to love me in the midst and in spite of my difficulties and weaknesses. I love you, Tom.

No comments: