Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Life Doesn't Get Any Better Than This

We had enough snow on the ground to play in this morning.  The girls and I set out on a walk and had so much fun in the snow.  I love hearing the swishing sound that thier snow pants when they run in the snow.    We have been reading the book The Snowy Day this week and did all the fun things Peter does in the book like making different kinds of tracks in the snow, making snow angles and smacking snow off of trees with a stick.  It's so neat to see how much they enjoy reading and applying what they've learned, eventhough at this point application is simply copying the characters or words.  And, we had to follow-up the play in the with hot chocolate and marshmallows.  I just so happened to have some sugar cookie dough in the fridge and threw some of that in the oven to make the snack extra healthy, haha!  What a fun morning!  I am so enjoying my kids these days and feel so fortunate to be able to stay at home with them.  I'm not sure why God chose to bless me with these little miracles but I'm glad He did!  I'm pretty sure life doesn't get any better than it was this morning!




No comments: