Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Few Funny/Sweet Things

A few silly and sweet things have been said and done over the last 6-8 months that I wanted to record (before I forget them) for the kiddos to read and laugh at later in their lives.  Here they are:

Lelia's:
1.  She was sitting at a small table behind me while I was typing on the computer.  She had a sippy cup and a flashlight with her at the table.  She said innocently and genuinely, "Look Mommy, I'm drinking and flashing."
2.  Once again I was sitting at the computer (hmmm, maybe I spend too much time at the computer) and I had my head in my hands in frustration over a cable company issue.  She came up to me and said, "It's okay Mommy, Jesus is always with you."  My head still in my hands I said, "I know sweetie, you're right."  She notices that those words didn't quite achieve the goal she wanted (to make Mommy happy) so she says, "Mommy, I'll give you a kiss and a sticker."  I lifted my head, gave her a huge smile and said, "Lelia, I'd love a kiss and sticker."  How could anyone be upset after a comment like that?!  So sweet.

Sedona's:
Sedona, Tom and I were all sitting on our bed late at night.  Sedona couldn't sleep because of her ear infection so I went to get her a syringe with Ibuprofen in it and said, "Here Sweetie, this should make your ear feel better."  She proceeded to stick the syringe in her ear.  Tom and I both giggled a little and he got a huge smile on his face clearly being grateful to be there at that specific moment and said, "That's awesome."

No comments: