Friday, November 6, 2009

Family Traditions

I am reading Treasuring God in our Traditions by Noel Piper and it has given me so much to think about and take in. I want our kids to know how much they are loved by God in the everyday things that we do. The most important thing I can do for them is to be a dependable present mother for them. Easier said than done when kids are up in the middle of the night, we've had a tough day of disciplining or more selfishly, there is something I just want to do more than be here. No where is more important for me to really be. I have the privileged task of discipling (teaching) our children to become adults. That's a scary thought. As I stay at home I learn more every day that I have so many faults to overcome. There are days when I'm sure God must have been looking the other way when I got pregnant just to have him look back and go, oops, I let that one slip by; I guess these two are going to be entrusted with lives to watch over. I know that isn't true. I know God doesn't miss a thing and because of that, I know he will equip me if I choose to seek Him continually. I choose to seek Him! More rambling thoughts to come on as I read through Treasuring God in Our Traditions....

No comments: