Saturday, June 26, 2010

Yesterday's Blessing

I had a very hard day yesterday for a number of different reasons, all my fault. I went on a walk with my next door neighbor and found something that left me so blessed and feeling so loved by God. Over the last year God has been cultivating a desire in me for homesteading. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is living simple life off of your land for all of your needs. I have felt a little dissapointed that living in a condo doesn't lend well to homesteading although there are small things you can do. Anyway, back to the walk. On the walk I found a huge patch of wild raspberries! We went to get our boots and then whole family went back out to the raspberries and picked for about 30 minutes. I felt so filled up in that deep desire to grow and eat from our own land. This morning I am making raspberry chocolate chip scones for breakfast. I can't wait to try them. In the midst of such a tough day, the raspberry discovery filled me up with joy that I needed so much. I felt God loving me through that find and through the pleasure of raspberry picking with my family. Thanks, God!

No comments: