Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Reflections + 2010 Goals

As I looked at our Christmas pictures this year to post on the blog I realized how I missed out on having pictures taken of Tom and myself together. I guess that's what happens as your family grows, your so busy making sure everything is going smoothly that you forget some of the most important things. That will be something I pay more attention to in the holidays future.
We had a really nice Christmas this year. We went to Riva Trace Baptist Church's Christmas Eve Service because the timing fit our schedule and then went out to dinner with my mom's side of the family. Christmas morning we woke up and opened a few gifts and had our traditional monkey bread Christmas breakfast. Shortly there after my dad came over with gifts and we had another breakfast or early brunch, yup, I guess that's called breakfast, again. We later went to my mom's house for Christmas gifts and dinner. It was a wonderful day of taking it easy and seeing the people who matter to us, family.
This year I have made some goals for us. In the picture about is Sedona playing with edible play dough. Why is it in this post, because I put ground flax seed in it in keeping with my goal to help our family make healthier eating habits. We also had chicken salad with turmeric, a spice with many health benefits.
Sedona's main goal for this year is to desire to read more...how will we help her to accomplish that? By reading to her more. The other one is her goal for the very very end of 2010...potty training!!
Lelia's main goal for right now, potty training. 2 potty trained kids in 1 year...that would be awesome!! Her long-term goal is to exercise more kindness and gentleness towards her younger sister. I will be focusing on teaching and modeling good behavior to that end and I know she will get better with that. She has such a sweet and sensitive spirit, despite her rough and tumble recreation choices.
My goals for me...to get closer to God. To spend time studying and learning about Him every morning. To watch less TV and I plan to do that by having a good book to read for my "zone out" time after the kids go to bed. I already have about 8 books on hold at the library. Unfortunately, they seem to be books that everyone else wants to read right now too. I'll wait.
So, that's it for now, I'm looking forward to a wonderful 2010 with my family. I am so blessed and loved by God that he would give them to me to care for and love. May I always be worthy of the calling He has given me.
Love to all and a blessed 2010! Love, Brooke

No comments: